5 Reasons Why it’s Worth Investing in Solar power for Companies based in Rajasthan
The sun–that power plant in the sky–bathes Earth in ample energy to fulfill all the world’s power needs many times over. It doesn’t give off carbon dioxide emissions. It won’t run out. And it’s free.
Solar energy is not only good for the environment’s health but also a human’s health. Clean energy has zero emissions, saves our natural resources, and help us plan for a better and healthier future for generations in the future. There are various reasons to invest in solar power in India. Rajasthan is an ideal location for Solar energy, due to its massive unused land and the constant sunlight. Uninterrupted sunlight amounts to the most amount of energy generation.
- Location: Rajasthan is located in the North-Western part of India, it is the largest state and also comprises the Great Indian Desert. The state experiences the least amount of cloudy days which makes it ideal for Solar power use. There is a lot of wide and open spaces with uninterrupted sunlight. When the sunlight The state is very populated scarcely compared to other parts of the country. It would be very lucrative to have solar power generation systems and plants around the less populated areas so clean energy can reach the remote populations who make do without any electricity.
- Rajasthan’s New Solar policy: Rajasthan has released its Solar Energy Policy, 2019, which aims to achieve a target of 30 GW of solar power by financial year (FY) 2024-25. Of this, utility or grid-scale solar parks will account for 24 GW, distributed generation is expected to account for 4 GW, the solar rooftop will total 1 GW, and solar pumps will make up the remaining 1 GW. The state government is planning to develop 33 district headquarters as ‘Green Energy Cities’ in the next five years by installing 300 MW of solar rooftop systems.
- Solar Energy can put Underutilized land to use: Rajasthan has a lot of open spaces that can be utilized for Solar power usage. Some land is barren due to the desert, and the extreme heat. The land can’t be used for farming purposes but can be used for solar power generation. The rural and tribal population of the state was very nomadic in earlier days, now there are various settlements that have no electricity because they are in remote parts of the state.
- Clean energy is good for the environment: Solar energy is a form of green energy that causes zero emissions and uses no natural resources like coal and other fossil fuels which can be otherwise preserved for future generations. It is a very eco-friendly approach that does not harm the environment in any way.
- Creates more jobs and supports economic growth: As there is an increase in the use of Solar energy, the industry is bound to grow. With the Rajasthan government’s new policy for Solar energy, the solar industry is bound to rise in these 5 years. It will create a lot of jobs for people around who sometimes have to travel for hours to find work.
When solar power is utilized by many people, there are less like;y to be cases of blackouts. If every house in a locale has solar cells on its roof, it acts as a small power plant. This, in turn, provides great grid security, especially in cases of natural and man-made disasters. With solar power, you can save money on electricity immediately. It is a free source of unlimited energy. However, the benefits of solar energy are best seen in long term use. They are very durable and get proper service every few years by the installing companies.
Apart from solar electricity, solar energy has another application. We often associate solar energy with electricity, which is acquired through PV panels, but we can use the energy generated by the sun for heating purposes. This process can be achieved by deploying solar thermal systems that simply convert the sunlight into heating solutions.
Solar91, a passion project started by 4 engineers cum environment enthusiasts, dreams of Energizing India. We envisage every household and industry with available roof space use the same for meeting part of its power requirements, thus reducing the load on the grid and contributing to a greener and far less polluted environment for future generations. For us, it is not just a company-client relationship – it is a partnership that
we enter into, to help conserve the environment through a financially sustainable solution.
Over the last 5 years, we’ve worked with over 50+ clients across 9 states and successfully completed 70+ residential, commercial, and industrial projects and we continue working, diligently and relentlessly because we believe, the future of solar is bright!